The Good Capital Conference is delighted to partner with the Big Issue Foundation as the official Charity Partner for the event. We are passionate about supporting social development and promoting our social footprint for the Good Capital.
We encourage all participants for the conference to donate & support financial stability for those that are socially excluded from society.
About The Foundation
The Big Issue Foundation supports vendors to achieve financial stability through the Big Issue magazine sales whilst helping them to overcome social exclusions that have previously held them back.
Their frontline workers - Service Brokers - are trained to accurately identify the needs of a Big Issue vendor and provide expert information, advice, and guidance best able to address these needs. They do this by accessing local services, maintaining support networks, and preventing Big Issue vendors falling through the gaps in society across nine core areas:
- Personal Sales Goals Big Issue vendors are supported to achieve and exceed personal sales goals.
- Finance Big Issue vendors are supported to improve their budgeting skills, manage their money, open bank accounts, and address any underlying debt issues.
- Housing Big Issue vendors are supported to access safe and secure accommodation and prevented future homelessness through ongoing support.
- Obtaining ID Big Issue Vendors are supported to gain official ID which facilitates registering for many services including obtaining a bank account.
- Health & Wellbeing Big Issue vendors are supported to register with a GP, access dental treatment, mental health and other specialist health services.
- Addiction Treatment Big Issue vendors struggling with substance misuse are supported to access and remain engaged with addiction treatment programmes.
- Employment Big Issue vendors are supported to explore career opportunities by helping vendors recognise transferable skills, update their CVs, search and apply for jobs and with interview coaching.
- Education Big Issue vendors are supported to add to their skill set and pursue aspirations through further education and training opportunities.
- Personal Aspirations Big Issue vendors were supported to reconnect with family and achieve other personal aspirations.
Please help the most vulnerable in our society.
We encourage all attendees to donate to The Big Issue Foundation and support those in need. The Covid-19 pandemic has severely hindered vendors ability to sell magazines and your donations are vital to help overcome social exclusions.Donate Now